Visit again soon.

Visit our Web site at www.skytramexpress.com
Get our tweets at http://twitter.com/skytramexpress

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Deep Ellum Festival

On a glorious sunny Saturday, I was able to attend the Deep Ellum Arts Festival for the second year in a row. Since I had eaten before the festival, I was able to resist the giant corn dogs, the lamb and chicken pitas, the funnel cake and the roasted peanuts. To be honest, I did have a giant, sickeningly sweet strawberry lemonade and a fruit smoothie, but I’ll blame my indulgence on the heat.

I was excited to see my favorite artist from last year was a returning vendor. I stopped by his booth and many, more… Maybe too many. The festival offers treats for fans of almost all artistic genres. There were jewelers, sculptors, painters, herbal bath salts and soap makers, etc. I managed to resist my purchasing urges and leave with only a few items…

Okay, I left with a number of vendor cards as well, but follow-up purchases don’t count, right? For those of you who are not interested in the artists or their wares, more than 75 musicians were on hand to entertain the masses. SkyTram founders were excited to find numerous artists that will be gracing our Skanoramic Muse section in the upcoming weeks.

Deep Ellum is always a place to visit fun, hip stores and restaurants and once again showed why it’s the perfect venue for an arts/music festival.