Visit again soon.

Visit our Web site at www.skytramexpress.com
Get our tweets at http://twitter.com/skytramexpress

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Take Three: Grateful Edition

Independent Films
As a huge film and entertainment buff, I am grateful for the independent film industry. This year, I have seen an enormous number of films. Many of these movies were extraordinary. Precious, An Education, World’s Greatest Dad, The Hurt Locker, Moon … my list can go on and on. These phenomenal films may not be financial successes, but are certainly thought-provoking and emotionally moving gems. I am grateful that these movies were able to find the funding to get made, and I encourage you to give them a chance.

Television
I have been exceptionally entertained by the new shows this season. I wonder who at the studios gave the green light to The Beautiful Life, produced by Ashton Kutcher. I try to be unbiased and give new shows a chance. I am pretty sure that the peals of laughter that could be heard from my apartment during premiere week, should not have happened … especially since some of the shows that emitted the biggest smirks and smiles were supposed to be dramas. Although there were a large number of stinkers this season … I do relish watching Modern Family, Glee and Community.

Arts
When I was young, my parents and grandparents “dragged” me to museum after museum after museum. Although I initially resisted, I learned to love and appreciate artwork of all types. As I got older, I looked forward to attending exhibits and eventually went on my own. When I attended college, I loved every art history course I took (one a year) and now search the paper for shows that travel to my community. I am terrified at the number of galleries and studios that are closing in my area and around the nation. I am grateful for the artists that dare to bring their visions to canvases.

This Thanksgiving, I am thankful for people who work in the film, arts and entertainment industry!